At Alpha & Omega Healthcare we love what we do. We provide support to people of all backgrounds with a variety of care needs and deliver support that is person centred. We take the time to truly listen to our clients, to understand their goals and aspirations and how they want to be supported. Our experienced team is dedicated to offer services in the comfort of your own home. We also provide supported living in the luxurious comfort of one of our state of the art Group Homes.
Providing superior support and care services to the elderly, the sick and people with intellectual or physical disabilities
- To empower our clients and assist them in achieving their goals
- To provide high quality accommodation and support choices which are appropriate and which enable them to live up to their potential
- To advocate on behalf of our clients in all areas of need
Alpha & Omega Healthcare engages in a person-centred care approach. We listen to and value what our clients and their families have to say about how they want to be supported. Our priority is helping our clients to reach their goals, live well and find joy in each day.
Person centred support empowers clients with a disability and their significant others to be involved in all decisions in their own life. There is no place like home hence we create a high quality home environment for our Group Homes of just a few residents per home. We provide individualised and suitable assistance to empower each person to be successful regardless of the degree of disability. Hence our customer service is exceptional.
Clients have the freedom to develop their abilities and grow in confidence at a rate that they are comfortable with. Our support processes and staff focus on people?s abilities and what the can do, when actively supporting our clients. We pride ourselves in providing patient and understanding assistance and support for our clients.
National Standards for Disability Services
Alpha & Omega Healthcare staff and volunteers abide by the National Standards for Disability Services.
- Rights: The service promotes individual rights to freedom of expression, self-determination and decision-making and actively prevents abuse, harm, neglect and violence
- Participation and Inclusion: The service works with individuals and families, friends and carers to promote opportunities for meaningful participation and active inclusion in society.
- Individual Outcomes: Services and supports are assessed, planned, delivered and reviewed to build on individual strengths and enable individuals to reach their goals.
- Feedback and complaints: Regular feedback is sought and used to inform individual and organisation-wide service reviews and improvement.
- Service Access: The service manages access, commencement and leaving a service in a transparent, fair, equal and responsive way.
- Service Management: The service has effective and accountable service management and leadership to maximise outcomes for individuals.
We are committed to continually improving our services. The valuable feedback our clients and their families provide helps us to know what we are doing right and where we can improve.